About All Points North Foundation:
All Points North Foundation is dedicated to navigating communities upward. All Points North Foundation was founded by a family who strongly believes that everyone has a true “North” — a place of achievement. They feel that everyone should be given equal opportunity and access to realize their goals. Established in 2011 in Boston, All Points North Foundation is a small, private foundation that supports two distinct priorities in the United States: public middle school education (grade 6-8) and solar energy.
- Collaboration. We listen to understand, value and seek consensus, and support final decisions.
- Curiosity. We love learning new things, and embrace challenges.
- Diversity. We value inclusion, a variety of experience, and different points of view.
- Integrity. We are honest, respectful, fair, and ethical.
- Discipline. We pursue our meaningful work with focus and rigor.
- Adaptability. We are flexible and embrace continual improvement in the midst of change.
- Wholistic. We appreciate that careers and lives are not always linear. We believe that authenticity and open collaboration in the workplace leads to productivity and excellence.
All Points North Foundation seeks a professional with a Bachelor’s degree who has a minimum of five years of experience working in the public education field. Preferred skills include experience in middle level education (grades 6 to 8), experience working with public schools, experience working at the district or state level, knowledge of emerging trends in middle level education pedagogy (such as but not limited to diversity equity and inclusion, remote learning, digital literacy, STEM/STEAM, social/emotional learning, project-based learning, etc.). Candidate should be passionate about education, especially middle school education and teacher training. All qualified candidates, including middle grade teachers, school administrators, and district officials are welcome to apply.
- Oversee and provide guidance to the activities managed by All Points North Foundation’s Director of Education Grant Partnerships and supporting team.
- Participate in two 2-hour monthly evening committee calls (one of which will be the Education committee) to discuss education grant making activities and foundation operations.
- Assist and guide foundation education outreach activities and grant distributions..
- Provide strategic counsel on educational focus areas.
- Help determine appropriate networking venues to build education relationships and potential grant prospects.
- Participate in monthly evening Board conference calls.
- Help identify possible education grantee prospect leads.
- Be open, if available, to conducting virtual and in-person site visits to promising education grant prospects.
Members of the Board of Directors are asked to make a two-year commitment to ensure continuity. Members will participate in:
- Board conference calls, second Wednesday of every month, 8:30 p.m. EST (no more than two hours).
- Committee conference calls for two All Points North Foundation committees, first, third and fourth Mondays of every month, 8:30 p.m. EST (no more than two hours).
- Board retreat (two days), in-person annually, second weekend in November.
Board of Directors General Information:
Members of the Board of Directors shall be appointed by the trustees, and may resign, or be removed by the trustees with or without cause, at any time. Board of Directors are not required to make a financial contribution to All Points North Foundation. The Board of Director role is a volunteer position and may receive reasonable compensation for expenses incurred on behalf of All Points North Foundation (e.g., travel expenses to strategic Board retreats, site visits and other education events).