Phase 2: Preparation
Develop a Scope of Work
Clearly define your project’s scope of work with specific and unique details about your requirements. The scope of work describes the details of the solar PV system and what the contractor will be expected to provide in their role in the project.
The scope of work describes the details of the solar PV system and what the contractor will be expected to provide in their role in the project. The RFP template in this guide provides a comprehensive system description, but your scope of work also is important because it contains specific and unique details about the project.
Examples of what might be included as unique to a project:
• Security fencing for ground-mounted systems
• Safe access for future maintenance of the solar modules and inverters
• Education or training of organization staff on maintenance
• Interconnection with the utility
• Operations and maintenance of the system after the installation warranty period
• Participation in a ribbon-cutting or other milestone celebration
Once the scope of work is completed, any staff involved in the project (such as facilities management) and the organization’s legal counsel should provide their review of respective details, such as payment terms, insurance requirements and any other details that are specific to how the organization interacts with vendors.
Sign Up to Receive Updates from
All Points North Foundation
All Points North Foundation provides grants for U.S.-based projects and initiatives that support our priorities: improving public middle school education and teacher training, and implementing effective solar programs and/or projects.
Have a U.S.-based project you’d like to discuss?